Thursday, November 17, 2016

Motivation and procrastination

So something really personal about me: I recently found out I have an under-active thyroid that most likely was a result from taking prescribed anti-depressants last year. So that kind of sucks.

If you know me personally, you'd know that I've been struggling with my weight and motivation the past couple of months. I constantly feel motivated to improve myself at the worst times, like 2 a.m.

It's terrible because no one goes to the gym at 2 a.m. when they have to get up at 7. So that's something to work on.

I hope that writing this will make me feel more accountable, because I told you guys I want to change, so now I actually have to do it.

Blogger Sara Rash-From Texas With Love
Something that's been motivating me is I keep seeing these super successful, gorgeous people. Even more motivating is that they are usually my age.

For instance, Sara Rash here is a blogger and just seems like she has her life put together.

I mean, I know I don't have a photographer following me around to take pictures of me as I stop to contemplate the world and its intricacies on top of a hay bale, but still.

She seems so well put together and it's hard not to feel envious.

It makes me stop and think, "If they can do it, why can't I?"

Oh yeah, I'm the kind of person who procrastinates everything, gets anxious about the little things, and I can't seem to get my weight in control.

It also doesn't help that I hate your regular staples of what is considered "healthy food" and feel tired constantly.


I mean, I tried the Paleo "lifestyle change" last year for about six months, and honestly it wasn't terrible. After the first three weeks of dying and hating myself for putting myself through this, it was really easy to say no to processed foods.

I think my boyfriend and I lost a lot of weight, just by eating better; he lost about 30 pounds and I lost 15. This was with no added exercise, so I'm sure we would have been looking pretty sexy if we tried a little harder.

We stopped eating Paleo because funds became tight, as I was starting my last year of college and all that jazz.

But I think we'll hop back on since we know we can do it, and the food is, for the most part, pretty great.


I mean, we'll still probably have treat days, because everyone deserves to TREAT YO'SELF. But note to self: "treat yo self" is a scared day in which one does not let bleed into other days of the week.


Sincerely,
                               A Pondering Pen

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Sara inspires you, if it makes you feel better, I have yet to give her everything I've done over her at her request, so i'm riding the procrastination train all the way through December. It's hard to stay on a strict diet, so I give it to you for at least doing 6 months of it. I love spam too much..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The thing is, it isn't super strict. Just avoid bread. The problem is I LOVE BREAD.

    ReplyDelete