Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall? More like fail.

This fall has been really disappointing so far.

The leaves are changing, the grass on campus is dying and yet they are still watering it, and people like me are walking around in fall/winter gear despite the 80 degree weather outside.

Like we're just hoping that if we believe, that real fall weather will arrive.

I heard today that we are supposed to have a very mild winter, and that in itself was a bummer.

I'm ready for the chilly mornings, and to stuff myself with my grandpa's legendary Thanksgiving ham.

Also, my Christmas tree is just waiting to be put up. And you can't do that when it's "mild" outside!

It should be getting colder for the snow. How many years has it been since Oklahoma had a white Christmas?

Perhaps the real problem is location. I should start planning on moving to the east coast sooner if the weather there is more "normal" for the seasons.

It just stinks when you appreciate Southern hospitality so much.

Either way, despite my post about pumpkin spice season, I have yet to buy my first pumpkin spice latte for the year.

Why?

You can probably guess.

It's too hot!

I don't know about you guys, but I plan on going home, turning my AC unit up full blast, and I'm going to pretend that I'm outside, and try to delude myself into thinking it's cold enough for some warm tea.
Sincerely,
                               A Pondering Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment